Sunday, September 28, 2008

Forks trip - Day 3C

After the festivities started to wind down, we drove back over to La Push to go to the tide pools at Rialto Beach. Honestly? I think I've found Heaven on earth! The beauty is indescribable! My pictures don't do it justice but they may give you an idea of how spectacular this place is.

When we arrived, the beach was socked in with fog and freezing but we were determined so we started our trek to the tide pools (about 20-30 minutes down the beach). By the time we reached them, the fog had cleared and the sun was shining brilliantly over the ocean.

Enjoy!

The sand is actually tiny, smooth pebbles that make the shore look black.


Georgia taking pictures. Her shots are gorgeous! I'l post a few of them later.




I call this one "Midnight Sun" :)




























Britten's "Jacob" bracelet. Isn't that a pretty shot? Photo taken by the talented and brilliant Britten :)







We made it back just as the moon was rising and headed back to our cabin for a weenie roast.

3 comments:

Britten said...

This was one of the best days ever! Those beaches truly were enchanting.

BTW, it was I, photographer extraordinare, that took the Jacob bracelet picture. I'm quite proud of it!

Actually, we all know that Georgia is the true expert but gosh, darn it I can take a good picture now and then. LOL!

Amy said...

My only regret of the whole trip is that I didn't make the trek to the tide pools- stupid, unreliable back injury =(

I guess that means I'll have to go back, right?

Kathy Habel said...

Love the pictures Kirsten. We needed at least 2 more days to do everything! Time was too short but it's a great memory.